Dermaplaning Specialist Q&A
Beautyville Laser & Aesthetics is excited to offer dermaplaning services for skin resurfacing and rejuvenation. For More information, call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Hicksville, NY and all over Long Island.
Table Of Contents:
What is Dermaplaning?
How Long Does It Take To See Results From Dermaplaning?
What Are The Benefits Of Dermaplaning?
How much does dermaplaning cost?
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive procedure for skin resurfacing, used to make the skin look smoother by a blade to remove the top layer, or epidermis, of the skin. It uses a hand-held, electric razor-type instrument called a dermatome, which has an oscillating blade that moves over the skin to exfoliate and remove vellus hair (or “peach fuzz). One session can take you from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the specific area(s) that are being treated and the needs and goals of the patient.
You can notice brighter skin immediately after a treatment, but it generally takes a few days to appreciate the full results. Although not involving any downtime, the procedure may leave the patient with some slight soreness or redness for two or three days after the treatment. It will be better if you wear sunscreen on the face whenever you are outside in the weeks following a dermaplaning treatment as the newly treated and exposed skin cells are vulnerable to UV damage. Sun exposure should be especially limited at this time because any damage caused by the UV rays could reverse the effects of the treatment or cause imperfections in the skin’s pigment.
Dermaplaning can provide a number of benefits including:
– Skin rejuvenation – dermaplaning gives a fresher look and brighter complexion since it removes dead skin cells and develops new ones; hyperpigmentation is reduced and skin tone evened out and the treatment is safe for all skin types and tones.
– More youthful-looking skin – dermaplaning removes dirt, oils, and dead skin cells, providing the skin with a deep clean that causes the pores to appear smaller; this, in turn, results in a more youthful look as pores get larger as we age, so smaller pores equal more youthful-looking skin. The creation of new skin cells by dermaplaning treatment also causes fine lines and wrinkles to be less visible.
– Removal of peach fuzz – even though peach fuzz is virtually invisible, patients have reported a softer and smoother feel to their skin after a dermaplaning session.
– More effective further procedures – for the first few days after treatment the facial skin will be in an ideal condition to receive the maximum benefit from other cosmetic procedures, should the patient wish to take advantage of this.
– Help for acne sufferers – dermaplaning is particularly beneficial for those with acne scarring or who are undergoing acne treatment, however, it is not recommended for anyone who has a current, active breakout.
– It’s gentle, relaxing and non-invasive – dermaplaning is a surprisingly gentle procedure that involves no harsh chemicals or tugging, pulling, or scratching of the skin. Also, because it is non-invasive it requires no incisions, injections, or sutures.
– It’s convenient – dermaplaning is an easy and quick treatment that involves no downtime, enabling many people to book a session in the lunch hour and return to work afterward.
As dermaplaning is an elective cosmetic procedure it won’t be covered by insurance. Treatments in the state of New York come in at an average of $100 – $250 per session and will vary depending on the location and the chosen provider. A quick call ahead of time should be able to answer any questions about costs and what is involved.
If you would like to know more about how a dermaplaning treatment can benefit you, contact BeautyVille Laser & Aesthetics today! We are located in Hicksville, NY and serve clients from Levittown NY, East Meadow NY, Plainview NY, Westbury NY, Farmingdale NY and all over Long Island. We look forward to meeting you!