4 Questions to Ask HydraFacial® Treatment Specialist in Hicksville, NY
If you are planning to get a hydrafacial, come to Beautyville Laser & Aesthetics for comprehensive treatment for your skin. For More information, call us or book an appointment online. We serve clients from Hicksville, NY and all over Long Island.
Table Of Contents:
HydraFacial® treatments were first introduced to the market following FDA approval in 1997 and have since become a popular way to cleanse, exfoliate, extract, hydrate, and provide antioxidant benefits to the skin. The word “hydra” in HydraFacial® refers to its exceptional hydrating ability and is one of the most powerful, non-invasive skin resurfacing treatments currently available. It not only removes dead cells and impurities but also delivers serums deep into the skin leaving it clean, healthy, and glowing. The results are immediately noticeable, and there is no downtime time needed. Along with these benefits, a HydraFacial® treatment also provides a facial that:
– Is suitable for all skin types – oily and acne-prone, dry and flaky, combination skin, or even sensitive skin will benefit from a HydraFacial® treatment.
– Is gentle on the skin – even though HydraFacial® involves both extraction and exfoliation it is a painless procedure that doesn’t irritate the skin.
– Involves no downtime – a HydraFacial® only takes about 30-45 minutes from start to finish and involves no downtime afterward. The results are visible immediately, and the patient can resume their normal activities immediately after treatment.
– Can be paired with other treatments – due to its non-invasive nature, a HydraFacial® can be combined with certain other skincare treatments to provide optimum results.
– Is fully customizable – The treatment is tailored to the individual’s unique skin needs and goals.
A HydraFacial® and regular facial are similar in many ways, but they are not the same. While both methods are customized to the individual patient’s needs, the processes are different. With a traditional facial, there can be a few uncomfortable moments during extraction when the technician goes a bit deeper to clean the pores. This is usually the least enjoyable part of a facial and can result in redness afterward. In comparison, a HydraFacial® has been likened to a gentle facial massage and the extraction process is not as harsh, meaning that the whole experience is more relaxing and there is no need to wait for redness to subside.
A HydraFacial® is performed in three steps that involve cleansing, exfoliation, and infusion. It generally takes 30 to 45 minutes to complete, depending on the specific treatment, and because no recovery is required, the patient is able to return to their normal activities straight after the procedure. As the treatment is based on the individual’s skin type it will naturally vary from person to person. The technician will conduct a skin test to help evaluate the overall condition of the skin and its sensitivity, before choosing the serum specifically matched to that skin type.
The procedure begins by cleansing and exfoliating to help open up the pores. A gentle resurfacing is done using a light chemical peel and then the technician uses a vacuum tool called an extraction nozzle to remove any oil, dirt, or other debris that may be clogging the pores. In the final stage, the technician uses a special device called the vortex infusion tool to administer the serum to the skin, leaving it cleansed and hydrated.
A HydraFacial® can address many different concerns affecting the skin and helps to improve the appearance of:
– Oily, acne-prone skin
– Dry skin
– Uneven skin tone
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Hyperpigmentation (dark-colored patches on the skin)
– Sun damage
– Age spots
– Enlarged and clogged pores
If you would like to know more about how a HydraFacial® treatment can benefit you, contact Beautyville Laser & Aesthetics today! We are located in Hicksville, NY and serve clients from Levittown NY, East Meadow NY, Plainview NY, Westbury NY, Farmingdale NY and all over Long Island. We look forward to meeting you!