Laser Hair Removal Specialist in Hicksville, NY
Get rid of unwanted hair without pain with our laser hair removal services at Beautyville Laser & Aesthetics. For More information, call us or book an appointment online. We serve clients from Hicksville, NY and all over Long Island.
Table Of Contents:
Laser hair removal provides a long-term solution for the removal of unwanted hair. The hair follicles are rendered inactive for a long period of time, but the hair does eventually grow back, however, when it does it is a lighter color, finer texture, and fewer in number.
The number of sessions required for laser hair removal will vary from person to person but in most cases between four and seven sessions will be needed to get the full benefit of the treatment. Follow-up sessions spaced at six week intervals can be used to maintain the results, with a maintenance session once or twice a year to make sure that the hair follicles don’t redevelop. It is estimated that a person could see the hairs reduced between 10 and 25% after the initial session and following sessions will also see similar reductions.
At BeautyVille Laser & Aesthetics we use LightSheer® DESIRETM, an FDA-approved device developed by Lumenis, a leader in the field of laser and energy-based technology. It has three handpieces designed to treat different areas of the body, from smaller areas like the upper lip to larger areas like the back. It utilizes high-speed vacuum-assisted technology, together with ChillTipTM technology that continuously cools the skin on contact, significantly reducing pain and discomfort for the patient. ChillTipTM is able to offer precision where needed and is effective in removing light, thin hair while the high-speed vacuum means that a session to remove back hair, for example, can take as little as 10 minutes.
As well as hair removal, LightSheer® DESIRETM is FDA-approved for use in the following:
– treatment for Pseudo Folliculitis Barbae (PFB).
– treatment of vascular lesions, including angiomas, hemangiomas, and spider veins
– treatment of hyperpigmentation.
In addition to the slower and reduced hair regrowth laser hair removal offers the following benefits:
– It’s quick – laser hair removal is the quickest way to get rid of unwanted hair because even though multiple sessions will likely be required, each session only takes a few minutes.
– Not as painful – some hair removal methods can be painful, like waxing, but because laser hair removal sessions are so short, any discomfort is soon gone.
– It’s precise – making it ideal for the removal of just a few hairs and on smaller areas of the face such as the upper lip.
– No ingrown hairs – laser hair removal is an excellent option for those who suffer from ingrown hairs because the hair is destroyed at the root, it prevents the hair from re-growing into the body instead of through the skin.
– No hair regrowth is necessary – with other procedures some hair regrowth is necessary before having a repeat treatment, but with laser hair removal this is not necessary.
– Long-term results – in most cases there is a permanent reduction in hair growth over time, with maybe a touch-up session necessary every few months or so.
– Cost-effective – because of the long-term results it provides laser hair removal also works out to be very cost-effective. There won’t be the need for other treatments or even buying items like shaving creams or razor blade refills, potentially saving hundreds of dollars over the years.
If you would like to know more about laser hair removal, contact BeautyVille Laser & Aesthetics today! We are located in Hicksville, NY and serve clients from Levittown NY, East Meadow NY, Plainview NY, Westbury NY, Farmingdale NY and all over Long Island. We look forward to meeting you!