RF Microneedling Specialist Q&A
Through RF microneedling, our specialists can rejuvenate the youth of your skin at Beautyville Laser & Aesthetics. For More information, call us or book an appointment online. We serve clients from Hicksville, NY and all over Long Island.
Table Of Contents:
What is RF microneedling?
Is RF microneedling better than microneedling?
Who is a good candidate for RF microneedling?
What are the benefits of RF microneedling?
Radiofrequency (RF) microneedling is a skin rejuvenation procedure that uses tiny needles and radiofrequency waves to promote collagen and elastin production. The process of microneedling, whether it be standard or RF, uses small needles to pierce the skin; the difference with RF microneedling is that once the needles have broken through the skin, specially insulated needles deliver high-intensity radio frequency energy into the targeted tissue. This causes further damage to the skin by warming the deep tissue which in turn stimulates the growth of new collagen fibers over and above that produced in standard microneedling. A treatment session typically lasts about an hour, depending on the size of the treatment area, and makeup can be used after 24 hours to cover up any residual redness. Targeted areas include:
– Fine lines and wrinkles
– Stretch marks
– Large pores
– Acne scars
– Uneven skin tone and texture
– Scars from injury or surgery
– Hyperpigmentation (discolored patches on the skin)
– Loose, sagging skin
– Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
In order to decide which is a better option between RF microneedling and standard microneedling you first need to know what the differences are between the two.
Both procedures use the same concept: dozens of ultra-thin, sterile needles are used to strategically pierce the skin and create micro-wounds, which cause the body’s natural healing responses to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin – the proteins responsible for the structure and appearance of the skin. Radiofrequency microneedling is a more advanced procedure that uses RF energy waves to penetrate the deepest layers of the skin, causing more damage and stimulating more collagen production. Because it is delivered so deeply, the RF energy can produce faster, more dramatic results than the standard form of microneedling. Both forms of microneedling can be used to treat the same concerns on the same areas of the body, however because RF microneedling is less invasive, and because of its efficiency and efficacy, it often means that fewer treatments are needed than standard microneedling.
Of course, when choosing any treatment, budget will inevitably play a factor in the decision-making. Costs for a standard microneedling treatment range from $100 to $700 per session; treatments using RF can be significantly more expensive and will vary between locations and providers. Some estimates suggest an average price of around $1,500 per session.
Although RF microneedling is considered a safe procedure, there are some criteria used to determine if a person is suitable:
– They are in good overall health
– They are seeing the early signs of aging
– They have realistic expectations of the outcome of the treatment
At the same time, the following will preclude treatment:
– Recent or current use of the anti-acne drug Accutane
– Taking anticoagulants
– An active cold sore breakout or skin infection
– Moderate to severe skin disease (like psoriasis) in the area to be treated
– Receiving chemotherapy or radiation therapy
– History of hypertrophic scarring, keloids, or poor wound healing
Some of the benefits of an RF microneedling treatment include:
– Produces faster cell turnover, accelerated collagen and elastin production and quicker results than traditional microneedling
– Involves a shorter recovery time and significantly less discomfort and downtime compared to traditional microneedling and other skin rejuvenation methods
– It helps to reduce scar tissue
– It is safe to use on any skin type or tone
– It can be used on almost any area of the body that has wrinkles, discoloration, or scarring
If you would like to know more about how RF microneeedling can benefit you, contact BeautyVille Laser & Aesthetics today! We are located in Hicksville, NY and serve clients from Levittown NY, East Meadow NY, Plainview NY, Westbury NY, Farmingdale NY and all over Long Island. We look forward to meeting you!